To compare this to Mac and Cheese just doesn’t do it justice. It is so much better than that. This wonderfully delicious and velvety smooth dish is really very easy to make, you’ll wonder why you’ve been using the box stuff all this time!
*Don’t forget to click the Yum button! 😀
- 32-36 ounces of mini potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the gnocchi in a large stockpot of boiling water, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as you are waiting for the water to come to a boil and for the gnocchi to cook, make your cheese sauce.
- Begin by whisking the cornstarch and the stock together in a small bowl until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a separate large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, to prevent burning.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture, stir until combined. Add the milk, stir until combined. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a low boil or thickens. Remove from heat, stir in the cheeses until they are melted and smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine the cooked gnocchi and cheese sauce in the large stockpot, and toss together until the gnocchi are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.