Homemade granola is so good! And so easy!
Here is my basic recipe for granola, but I hardly ever make it exactly the same twice in a row. That is what I love about granola, it allows you to experiment and try different ingredients.
So give it a try, throw in your favorite dried fruit and nuts, and have fun with it!
Start by gathering your ingredients. I find a variety of fruits works best, try to use at least three different types. Cranberry, dates, and blueberry work great together. Sliced almonds are my all time favorite nut for granola, but I like pecans too. I almost always throw some pine nuts in there.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, fruit and nuts too. Then coat well with the Honey and oil mixture. Really work it in, try to coat everything.
Spread it out on a jelly roll pan, and use a silicon liner or parchment paper, otherwise it will stick to the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, and let cool.
After it has cooled, break it up and store in an airtight container.
Enjoy dry as a snack, or with milk as cereal, or mix it in with yogurt.
It’s delicious any way you eat it!
*Don’t forget to click the Yum button! 😀
Have fun with this recipe, use any dried fruit and nuts you want. My favorite fruits are cranberry, blueberry, cherries, dates, and prunes. My favorite nuts are slices almonds and pine nuts.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup small-dice dried fruits, more varieties, more flavor
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted nuts or seeds
- Heat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Add nuts and diced fruit, stir well.
- Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the granola is very light golden brown.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. (Note: It will harden as it cools.)
- Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, if it sticks around that long!