This is a wonderful summertime treat! Wether you grow your own strawberries and rhubarb, or buy them, this dessert is sure to please!
Not much to say here, other than this is so good! Put a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top while it is still warm! Yum!
Enjoy this classic treat!
Don’t forget to click the Yum button! :D:D:D
- 1½ lbs fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered (about 4 cups quartered strawberries)
- 3 stalks fresh rhubarb, sliced less than ¼" thick
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, vanilla, zest and cornstarch. Pour into an 8x8-inch, 9x9-inch, or a 7x11-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg. Cut butter into the mixture with a pastry blender until pea size clumps (or slightly larger) form. Sprinkle crumble evenly over top.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until juices are bubbling and crisp is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes- this will help the juices set a bit. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.