This is an easy recipe for Alfredo sauce, that is not exactly traditional, but so good!
It uses milk and cream cheese, and it comes out so smooth, you’re going to love it!
So the next time you want pasta with Alfredo sauce, skip the jar stuff, and whip this up from scratch!
*Don’t forget to click the Yum button! 😀
Super easy and delicious Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
Keep the heat at medium to avoid scorching the sauce.